Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:30 to 12:00
UCC 2670 Conference Room
University of Iowa
November 20, 2013
2) Approval of minutes from September 17, 2013 meeting of the Research Council
3) Update from OVPR – Cheryl Reardon, Senior Assistant VP for Research
Report to Research Council on Lewis-Burke Associates Campus Visit
4) Report to Research Council – Rich Hichwa, Senior Associate VP for Research
Activities and Membership of the Research Misconduct Committee
5) Discussion Item – The Faculty Senate Officers have asked the Council to discuss the current guidelines for Research Council membership.
Guidelines in the Operations Manual specify:
(2) Faculty members should be appointed in such a manner that at all times two shall be related to the disciplines of the physical sciences, two to the biological sciences, two to the social sciences, and two to the humanities. Two faculty members shall be "at large."
6) Recruiting Research Council members to serve on award committees – Cheryl Reardon