- pproval of minutes from 11/12/07.
- Follow-up discussion on presentation by Graduate College Dean John Keller’s presentation.
Proposal: The Research Council might consider writing a memorandum to the President and the Provost (and the Dean of the Graduate College) expressing our concern for the viability of graduate programs under the current funding arrangements. This memorandum would include requests for greater allocations from the university budget to graduate student funding and program development as well as suggestions for internal reallocations of existing Graduate College expenditures.
- Continued discussion of F & A returns and whether we want to consider encouraging a university-wide incentive program for PIs similar to what currently exists in the College of Medicine.
- Follow-up discussion of Laura Reed’s and Gerene Denning’s presentation on professional development opportunities for Research Staff. What action should be taken here?
- Natural History Museum Master Plan - Guest Speaker Pam Trimpe - 2:30 PM
- Planning of meetings for Spring Semester